Monday, March 18, 2013

Top Ten Movie Countdown

Time to get your Movie Grove on with Alex Cavanaugh! Travel Blog Space with the Ninja Captain, and see what movies are selling popcorn and engaging the imagination of your friends. What makes you want to buy a movie ticket or love a movie so much that you have to own it, one that you could watch over and over again? Here is my top ten list in no particular order, I figure that since they are the first movies that came to mind, they warrant their place on this list:

The Green Mile 
Based on a novel by Stephen King and staring Tom Hanks, two of my all time favorites. This is a story about death row and a mysterious inmate.
The Shawshank Redemption 
Yes another prison movie written by Stephen King,This is a touching movie about finding redemption through common decency. Not much of a Tim Robbins fan but I love Morgan Freeman.
The lord of the Rings:The fellowship of the Ring 
Needs no explanation. Peter Jackson knows how to make movies!

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 
Of all the Star War movies this one is my favorite. Master Yoda rules! 
Forest Gump 
Tom Hanks is a brilliant actor and his portrayal of a rather simple minded man is unforgetable.
The Matrix 
The first time that special effects really amazed me. Love the philosophical undertone in the movie and of course Keanu Reeves is a hunk.
The Shining 
Well what do you know, Stephen King once again with another great movie. This one gave me bad dreams for a long time. Jack Nicholson was absolutely terrifying. Last year I visited the hotel used in this movie and chills went up my spine the whole time.
Alien 
The first Alien movie impressed me the most. I will never forget that scene...you know which one, talk about creepy!
The Pianist
Roman Polanski really tugged at my heart strings with this tale of a talented pianist trying to survive in a Warsaw Ghetto during WW2.

The Dark Knight
I love Batman! Christian Bale makes a great batman and Heath Ledger gave an unforgetable performance as The Joker. I love most of the batman movies, and although the latest one was great, (The Dark Knight Rises) I think this is still my favorite.

There you have it, a list of movies that I find worth remembering and there are so many more. Have you seen any of these, what do you think about them and what are your favorites?

Enjoy your week!
 







48 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your list! I put the LOTR movies on there as one film, LOL. My fave of the three is The Two Towers. Love that scene with the elves. And I know exactly which scene in Alien you are talking about...Yikes!

LD Masterson said...

I love the Star Wars series (the originals, not the 2nd set), but how can your favorite be the one where poor Han was left encased in carbonite? Oh, the horror of it all.

I like a lot of your choices.

Heather Musk said...

The Pianist! I have that film and can't believe I left it off my list.
Great choices.

Sophie Duncan said...

I'm with you on The Green Mile, and almost with Empire Strikes Back, but I picked Return of The Jedi thanks to childhood affections, although, as an adult, I think Empire was probably the better movie.

Unknown said...

The Shinning... great, it was more disturbing and will hold it's place in horror history... until Hollywood decides to remake it.

Jeremy [Retro-Z]
Howlin' Wolf

George Beremov [Nebular] said...

You have great taste in movies, seriously! All of these films are amazing, though I think The Shining is slightly overrated. :)

Tasha Duncan-Drake said...

I have the Green Mile on my list too - That film makes me cry every time.

Great list :)

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The Matrix almost made my list. Just ten was difficult.
Thanks for participating in my blogfest!

Hart Johnson said...

Oh, you've got some good ones here. I like those Stephen King ones, in particular.

Bob/Sally said...

How can you not include Empire! As for the King titles, I've never been a huge fan of the movie adaptations, but The Green Mile was one of the best.

Roland D. Yeomans said...

You picked some great films. There are just so many great ones out there that they are to choose which should make the list!

I watched THE MATRIX when I had tranked myself on cough syrup so as to not bother my fellow co-movie goer's. I thought maybe that was why the special effects hit me so hard! :-)

I almost included it and THE DARK KNIGHT, too. I probably would have put in BATMAN but I hated the 3rd installment so that I couldn't bring myself to.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Great list of movies - love Shawshank!

Tyrean Martinson said...

Great list of movies - love Shawshank!

Shaharizan Perez said...

This is a great list. I have about three movies in common. I can't believe I forgot Aliens and Star Wars! Darn!!!

:D

Anonymous said...

Quite a few I've seen and enjoyed. A nice selection to be sure:)

Kyra Lennon said...

Oh no! How did I forget The Dark Knight? I love that movie!

Maurice Mitchell said...

What an inspired list Siv. The Dark Knight is definitely the best Batman movie out there.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Great list Siv! The Matrix is a great movie!

Nick Wilford said...

Empire is my fave Star Wars too, just outside my list. Alien was on mine too - so creepy!

Forrest Gump is a real Marmite movie, I know people who hate it but I think it's great.

Isis Rushdan said...

The Green Mile and Shawshank were incredible movies!

When I was little I didn't enjoy Empire Strikes Back. It gave me nightmares, lol, but love it now.

Al Diaz said...

the Matrix and the Green Mile would have made my list if it were the top 20. :)

Shah Wharton said...

I agree with around 7 of your list, and enjoyed the others too! But I cheated and chose more than ten - it's too difficult!

shahwharton.com

D.G. Hudson said...

Shawshank Redemption - that's a family fave. It's one of those I have watched several times. And the Matrix - loved that one too.

I'd like to learn that trick of dodging things meant to kill.

nutschell said...

I totally loved Shawshank Redemption and the Matrix!
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Hildie McQueen said...

Forrest Gump and The Matrix, love those!!!

Unknown said...

great lisyt! I've seen all but the Shine! must give it a shot soon!

Nicki Elson said...

I'm kicking myself everytime I see Shawshank on a list - great movie. Acutally, all of these are...though I'll admit to not loving the Pianist. I was probably too immature at the time to appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

Great list.
Completely agree with Empire and The Matrix. I forgot about Shawshank. I love that movie.

LynnRush said...

Any list with MATRIX on it rocks!

LynnRush said...

Any list with MATRIX on it rocks!

Nancy Thompson said...

I have Forrest Gump and The Pianist on my list, too! And I love The Green Mile and Shawshank. Great minds!

DiscConnected said...

LOTR did not make my cut this time but there was a lot of mulling that one over.

I don't like what Jackson did with The Hobbit as much...too dark, but the book was a lot more whimsical than the trilogy was (that was supposed to be dark).

Larry

David P. King said...

Classic abound in your list. Excellent choices! :)

Unknown said...

Great list. Lots of my faves on this list as well!

Anonymous said...

The Dark Knight and Shawshank Redemption definitely would be on my Top 20 list. :3

Chippy said...

The Green Mile is so sad... and the book is even sadder.

The Shining didn't make it in to my top 10 but it did get an honourable mention.

Chippy

kjmckendry said...

Great list! The Shining is too scary for me but I really liked all the others.

Melissa Sugar said...

I love your list. I had such a hard time narrowing mine down. I cannot believe that I forgot Shawshank Redemption and The Shining. The Green Mile and Forrest Gump were on my list but I had to cut some of them and it was taking me forever. Ten is harder than I thought it would be.

Trisha said...

I haven't seen all these, but the ones I've seen I LOVED. Great list :)

My friend and I always go to see the Bale Batman movies and we lurve him even though he's apparently a bit of an arrogant jerk IRL :) Our fave saying nowadays is "Ova da baaaaayyy!" said in a gravelly Bale Batman voice.

Deniz Bevan said...

Ooh, Forrest Gump! I ran out of room, but wanted to add that to my list...

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...

Love this list. Forrest Gump is a fave...so many quotable moments...

Printed Portal said...

The Dark Knight is on my list - awesome movie.

Sabrina A. Fish said...

That's a great list, Siv. I love to hear Morgan Freeman's voice narrating in Shawshank.

Tammy Theriault said...

loved adam brody in the pianist!! yes yes!! great picks

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Siv .. many of these I haven't seen .. but an interesting list. It's been fascinating to read everyone's choices ...

Cheers Hilary

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

I've got some Stephen King movies on my list, too. Love SHAWSHANK! :)

Unknown said...

Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and The Matrix! Nice choices. I think that The Fellowship of the Ring is my favourite of the LoTR trilogy. And any of the original three Star Wars movies. Love them.

today my way said...

Very interesting blog.

Would you like to follow each other? Just let me know ;)

Kisses from the UK :*
http://todaymyway.com/