Monday, October 8, 2012

Sharing Fairy Tales



Not long ago I wrote about Wayman Publishing which is releasing Open Doors Vol.2--an anthology where authors write their own hilarious, unique, or even tragic versions of fairy tales and nursery rhymes.  I submitted a short story based on the legendary tale of Jack and the Beanstalk, called Danny and his Magic Beans and it was accepted. Hopefully the book will be out in time for Christmas present! I am really looking forward to seeing what other kind of twisted fairy tales will be joining mine under the tree or in some ones stocking.

It is not too late to submit your work and submissions are FREE so what do you have to lose? This could be a great publication credit if your work is accepted. If you love fairy tales and want to put a spin on your favorite, send your 2,000 word or less story to Wayman Publishing  before October 31st, 2012 and you could be published too. I highly recommend working with this publishing group if you want to get your writing out there. They are a great group of people who are helping authors get started in the publishing world. Check out this site for more details: http://waymanpublishing.webs.com/

 This is going to be an exciting week, more details on Wednesday. Tomorrow is my birthday and I am going to a concert. You asking who I get to see in concert? As it turns out my husband who sings in a choir is having a concert tomorrow night with a Norwegian Country/danceband vocalist. Here is a taste of some norwegain culture for you. I might add, it is NOT the kind of culture I enjoy, but if you love your spouse you support them even if it means suffering for a few hours on your birthday.

What are your plans this week?


15 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Happy birthday early, Siv! Who are you going to go see?

Bish Denham said...

Congratulations, Siv! I love me a good twisted fairy tale. And I'm with Alex, who are going to see? Happy Birthday!

Roland D. Yeomans said...

Tomorrow is my birthday, too! How cool is that? No wonder we are kindred spirits in many ways.

I'm so happy your story got accepted! I have really ill luck in having short stories accepted. My Stetson's off to you.

Enjoy your birthday tomorrow. Me? I will be giving the gift of life tomorrow by driving rare blood to ill patients.

I'm beginning to see a story take shape in my mind: a certain blonde ghoul and three bears. :-)

Unknown said...

Happy birthday, Siv! And congratulations on the story - I'll check out the publisher.

Suzanne Furness said...

Hope you have a fantastic birthday :)

Hart Johnson said...

Oh, congratulations on getting your story in there! It sounds like a really fun anthology! And I hope you have a really fabulous birthday, tomorrow!

Botanist said...

LOL! I lasted about a minute into that video! Strange thing is I love English & Irish folk music, probably because a lot of it is dark and twisted.

Congrats on the fairy tale acceptance. Have a great birthday.

Juli said...

Happy Birthday! My plans this week are trying to disinfect the entire house and get everyone healthy again. YEAH!

Linda H. said...

Thanks for the info, Siv. Maybe I can write something yet before the deadline.

Congrats on having your story accepted. That is awesome.

enjoy your birthday :-)

Ghadeer said...

Happy birthday :)

I'm not much of a fiction writer, but I really do enjoy reading well-written twisted tales.

Lynn Proctor said...

haha, that is really nice of you to do--especially on your birthday :)

Jess Stork said...

Congrats on your publishing credit! Good news!

Ciara said...

Happy Birthday, Siv!!

Mina Lobo said...

HEY, CONGRATULATIONS on getting your story published - how exciting!!! And belated wishes for a very happy birthday, I hope you have a fabulous day!
Mina's Resurrection Blogfest!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hey, Sis,

Congrats and THANKS for the tip.... Are "R" rated versions acceptable?

I know how much we all laughed with my Red RIding Hood story. Have to definitely check it out.

Sorry it's taken so long for me to get here.

BRO.