Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Zombie Mom


 Crawling through the streets of Denver with 10,000 other zombies and spectators was something that definitely would make your hair crawl as well. Last October while visiting my son in Denver I got the chance to play Zombie Mom. Mildly claustrophobic and not a fan of huge crowds, I was rather proud of myself for making this daring adventure into the world of the undead. As promised here are some pictures:

 Zombie Mom with Zombie Girlfriend

 Brave son with Zombie Mom and Zombie Girlfriend


If you are like me, you enjoy a good horror story. There are two of them running as a series on TV now. One of them is The Walking Dead and the other is American Horror Story. A miniseries based on Stephen Kings book, Bag of Bones has just been released and I am looking forward to seeing that. So what is it that makes us so susceptible to a good scare? While in Denver I also got to go on a ghost tour at The Stanley Hotel which is the most haunted hotel in America. This is the hotel that Stephen King based his book The Shining on. Did we see a ghost? To be honest, I am not really sure but we did witness many strange things. You can read about that here. Anyways, back to Zombies.

Being a Zombie Mom is easy. If you have ever felt like your children don’t listen to you, that they ignore what you say, avoid being seen with you, insult you, belittle you and treat you like the plague then you know what it is like to be a Zombie Mom. Believe me, it is much more fun to put on the makeup and join a crowd of other Zombies. Because when you are “undead” who really cares what others say or do. All a zombie real cares about is food and I got my share.
 
Zombie Mom takes a taste


6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Siv, glad you got to do so many fun things with your son! I bet he thinks you are super-cool.

Hart Johnson said...

Love it, Siv! Was that part of an Occupy march? I think it's great that you participated with full Zombie enthusiasm... And I've definitely felt that as a mom. It will be nice when they are old enough to claim me again.

Anonymous said...

You are way braver than I am. I don't do horror or scary because I dream of it and end up acting out my fear in my sleep. Phil is not a fan of me grabbing his neck or trying to stake him through the heart while he is sleeping. Such a pansy

Nancy Thompson said...

You should visit Seattle. We have real zombies that don't even need the make-up. it is Seattle, after all!

Unknown said...

How funny you have this post. Ijust got my photo zombified and posted it today, well, yesterday. I look like I could be on The Walking Dead. WD and AHS are two of my fave shows on TV right now. I love a good scare, riding that edge of fear. Sick, I know. ;)

Kara said...

Denver has a Zombie March?! What fun!