Monday, November 14, 2011

Rocky Day

 

Rocky… I thought about it all day although no one I was with realized how suiting I thought that name was for my last day in Colorado. The Rocky Mountains National Park, beautiful and breathtaking, yes I was there and saw it. Unfortunately my heart was not there. My heart was turning into stone and breaking into a thousand pieces that slowly fell to the bottom of my stomach. Clunk, clunk, clunk, only I could hear it. Still I forced a smile now and then, got out of the car to walk through cold snow and wind, and got my picture taken together with my son and daughter.



I would have to say good-bye to them soon, so soon after just saying hello. If you have read my blog then you will know that I traveled to the states to meet them for the first time in many years. So I spent my last day with them in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado. I am home again in Norway now. I am home and looking at those pictures and I am thinking of the saying, “Home is where the heart is.” Mine still seems to be falling to the bottom of my stomach in a thousand pieces. Clunk, clunk, clunk, only I can hear it.

7 comments:

Bossy Betty said...

I understand how hard this must have been for you. Lovely pictures of a lovely time. Wish we could have tea together and talk.

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Spreading around pieces of your heart. How kind.

Take care and welcome back to the old country,
Mike

Unknown said...

Mike...so funny you would say that. The old country, it is not here in Norway, but there in the USA for me. Everytime I go back, it just gets that much harder to leave. You too are a stranger in a strange land...Are you not?

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Just start thinking of your next visit!

Anonymous said...

Wish I could give you a hug my friend. I feel your pain.

Alleged Author said...

So glad you were able to be with them. May you have many more chances no matter the distance.

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Hello Siv:

Yes, I have been away about 8 years. Don't know when or if I will ever return for a visit.

Mike