Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Happy Days


 How fun is it to get out of bed and face another paintbrush? Please join me as I travel yet into another dimension, the dimension of the “Never Ending Saga of Home Renovations”. My husband was looking forward to me coming home all renovated myself and ready to grab that paintbrush with a new vengeance. Ha? I can get dressed and take out the garbage, I can even go to the store and buy something for dinner, then make it. Expectations wait for me like dirty dishes in the sink. Do you ever feel like you are so busy running around trying to make everyone else happy that you have missed the point? All I ever really wanted was a closet to hang my clothes in, a toilet that I could use without waiting in line for and a little bit of privacy. Guess I should be grateful for all these spotlights and new technology that I have no idea how to use. Guess what? I can turn the power off and on from my telephone. Well not really, but my husband can. I am having trouble just using my phone. Guess I should get dressed and put on my painting clothes. Oh wait, where do I find those? They are certainly not in the sink with the dirty dishes, or are they?   

Winter Garden, we need shades.
Future bathroom

More walls to paint in future living room
 Room with a view that someday might be my atelier.
TTT............Things take time.................

7 comments:

Kittie Howard said...

Oh but my heart goes out to you. I've renovated two houses...remember the aches and pains well. Maybe that's why I haven't painted a bathroom - it needs a fresh coat. Hey, good luck! Like your TTT. So true!

Anonymous said...

From looking at those beautiful rooms I have to give saw man some credit here. They are gorgeous! When they are done what a home you will have! I'm a bit jealous. I know your down right now but his project might just be the thing to pull you out of it. Come on lady! Put on some old clothes and go nuts. Then post some pictures because holy hell it already looks good, can't wait to see what you guys end up with.

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

At least you have SawMan, when I do projects there's only "moi".

Those rooms are lovely on the way to beautiful.

I'm really curious about the phone thingy.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Sorry you didn't come home to all of that work done!

shelly said...

Oh boy, I feel for you. But when its finished it should be beautiful.

Mrs. Tuna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Tuna said...

I've been working repainting the interior of the house since I have some time as I was laid off recently darn it.