Saturday, November 12, 2011

Boo Me...

 Ghosts appear in unusual places and seem to haunt some more than others. Have you ever seen one? Do you want to? I am fascinated with ghosts, and I do not mean my own personal ghosts from my past, those I could do without for a while. Nothing really scares me anymore. Sure there are things that I find creepy, like dolls and clowns, but the search for something supernatural and terrifying has eluded me. Not for the lack of trying because I have done my fair share of ghost tours and cemeteries at midnight. I have read all the horror books and seen the films and yet I remain disappointed. My search for something extraordinary, unbelievable and terrifying at the same time continues.

Stanley Hotel

Recently I traveled to The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado with my daughter, son and his girlfriend. You might recognize the place from the movie “The Shining” and you can read about the hotel here. The TV show “Ghost Adventures” was filming while we were  there so no one paid much attention as we roamed the forbidden halls with our video camera. We went on a ghost tour later but it was not anywhere near as fun as our own exploring. Our telephones kept turning off, pictures would not focus and the shutter on the video camera would not open. We saw and heard things that could not be explained and I felt physically ill on several of the floors. Expectation and imagination you say? Maybe that is so, and it is what I tell myself, but I will never really know. Creepy…? Yes, but I am I still looking to be scared, so if you have a good story, Boo me.

 My son and I exploring the halls

 My daughter and son outside the famous room 217


The three of us on our ghost hunt

Believe it or not...these pictures were very difficult to download! You have a ghost story? Please share!

7 comments:

Precy Larkins said...

How fun for you guys! I don't have ghost stories of my own, but I've certainly heard a few hair-raising ones from others. Don't know if they were credible enough, however. Haha!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

No, I can't say that I've ever had a ghostly encounter...

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

You know...ghosts are always talked about in places like this but in the places where I think ghosts would be obvious...no one talks about them. For example...Auschwitz...I would think that place would be severely haunted. I never hear about it though.

Li said...

I've got one. Last week, I was in a classroom - 6 kids, 4 adults. I was wiping down a table and felt a hand on my back, as though someone was sort of trying to ease by me - or maybe one of the kids was trying to get my attention. (They are all non-verbal.) I said loudly and teasingly "who's got their hand on my back?"

There was dead silence. No one was within 6 feet of me.

It was, unmistakeably, a warm hand on my back. I have to guess that maybe it was a passed-on friend or relative letting me know that they were there, because I didn't feel unduly alarmed or frightened.

Strange, eh?

mshatch said...

no ghost stories. not sure I want one either, ya know? but I've thought about writing one...

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

No encounters of the ghostly kind.

Crazy Life of a Writing Mom said...

My mother-in-law has had a few encounters. I think I had one, but I'm still not sure . . .