Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Stranger to your sight





Stranger to your sight

Child afar, I speak to you
as darkness shrouds your sleep
and brings me here to burn this light
and share what shines so deep

A stranger to your sight am I
though not your native blood
of which I ask to show you more
beyond maternal love

A lullaby though she will sing
to comfort you to dreams
yet know her song can flame the heart
its passions and all it seems

Know her for her wild embrace
her fears, her joys, and more
that will be just outside your reach
a gentleness beyond whats yours

And know your blood is not unshared
and in that knowledge grow
and wonder at the loveliness
that she has thus bestowed

And as my light begins to fade
and yours does start to glow
I ask that I may catch you wake
and see what I now know

----Siv Maria

---written through the eyes of a father who would never meet his son.

9 comments:

shelly said...

Simply beautiful.

Crazy Life of a Writing Mom said...

That is absolutely gorgeous! You have a gift.

Oh and I cleaned out my cookies. I hope my posts are showing up now. It's crazy how things keep going wrong with blogger.

Stranger in a Strange Land said...

Hello Siv Maria:

Well done.

Kindest regards,
Mike from south of the border.

Anonymous said...

Wow! that touched me!
I don't know why my stuff isn't showing up for you. It seems to be working for everyone else though so let me play around and figure this out.

N. R. Williams said...

Beautiful poems and wonderful song. A true delight. I also caught up with the golden castle and left a comment there too.
Nancy
N. R. Williams, The Treasures of Carmelidrium

Summer Ross said...

That was truly beautiful! You have great rhyme and flow! The words you used fit perfectly inside you lines like being cuddled in a blanket. Very well done.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Very nice!
I am so not a poet.

RosieC said...

Beautiful and well written. Thanks for sharing :)

Michael Di Gesu said...

MOVING.... Just lovely.